Average Emissions MonitoringThis page was last updated on 30th June 2022
The Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) has been nominated by the Secretary of State for Transport to manage the collection and processing of average emissions data for both Light Duty Vehicles (LDVs) and the collection of data in respect of Heavy Duty Vehicles (HDVs).
The VCA will also be responsible for levying excess emissions premiums where manufacturers exceed their emissions targets.
Information for Vehicle manufacturers
Guidance documents produced by the Department for Transport (DfT) and the VCA
- New Car and Van CO2 Regulations Guidance 2022 V3 (PDF)
- Guidance for Manufacturers on the New Heavy Duty Vehicles CO2 Regulations (DRAFT)
- DfT/VCA GB car and van CO2 emission regulations Manufacturer workshop (30 March 2021) (PPT)
The VCA and the DfT have run a number of workshops for vehicle manufacturers to help them understand the new UK CO2 emissions reporting and monitoring processes.
- Average Emission Manufacturer form (DOCX)
- Pooling Declaration form (DOCX)
- UK Eco Innovation Application form (DOCX)
- UK cars niche confidential derogation form (XLSX)
- UK cars niche public derogation form (XLSX)
- UK cars small volume confidential derogation form (XLSX)
- UK cars small volume public derogation form (XLSX)
- UK vans small volume confidential derogation form (XLSX)
- UK vans small volume public derogation form (XLSX)