Vehicle Importing

This page was last updated on 29th September 2020

This service will be of interest to individuals wishing to permanently import a car, motorcycle, or goods vehicle into the UK.

With the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we are working to support our customers by continuing to provide Commission Notice/Mutual Recognition services. We will strive to process applications as quickly as possible, however these are now taking 10 to 15 working days, as opposed to the 5 to 10 working days published processing times. We would also ask that you refer to the guidance available on both this website, and the GOV.UK website before telephoning.

All information about making an application is available on the VCA and GOV.UK web-sites. Under the Mutual Recognition scheme, we do not deal with vehicles over 10 years of age (please contact DVLA), Heavy Goods Vehicles (please contact DVSA) or vehicles first registered in the United Kingdom (please contact DVLA).