Vehicle Importing Information

This page was last updated on 16th December 2021

This page relates to the importation of cars, motorcycles and motorhomes 

If you are familiar with the process, please follow this link to complete the necessary application form

Important notice: VCA is not able to offer an “over-the-counter” service. For security reasons, unannounced visitors will not be admitted into the building.

Further information

Countries within the European Union

Check to see if the country the car originates from, is a member of the European Union:

The GB Conversion IVA process

The GB Conversion IVA process (which is also sometimes known as Vehicle Importing) requires the person seeking to register the vehicle to make a number of declarations about the suitability of the vehicle for use on UK roads, and provide evidence of any alterations made to the vehicle.  Alterations may be necessary to ensure compliance with the UK Construction and Use legislation, and the Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations.

Once all of all necessary paperwork and the appropriate administration fee has been received, VCA will issue a certificate that can then be presented to the Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority in support of the request for UK registration.

A list of the requirements, procedures involved and necessary forms can be found on the website – section entitled: A guide to GB Conversion IVA

If you would like to check that your vehicle qualifies for treatment under GB Conversion IVA, please contact a member of our team.