Tanks and Pressure ReceptaclesThis page was last updated on 20th April 2021
- Tanks and Pressure Receptacles Overview
- UK Appointed Inspection Bodies
- Application for Appointment
- VCA Guidance and Technical Bulletins
- DfT Guidance on the Interpretation of ADR Chapter 6.10 for Vacuum Operated Waste Tanks
- DfT Remote Inspection Guidance / RVI Guidance
- Approved Tank Requirements Concerning the Provisions for Vapour Recovery Systems of Mobile Containers Carrying Petrol
- DfT Authorisation 839 – Tanks below ADR minimum thickness
UK Appointed Inspection Bodies
The following inspection bodies have been appointed to undertake various functions in connection with the inspection of tanks and/or pressure equipment under The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009 (as amended) and The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010 (as amended).
These bodies are identified here because tanks and pressure equipment inspected by them during the period of their appointment are still likely to be in service. Unless otherwise noted, inspection certificates issued by these bodies during the term of their appointment are valid until the next normal inspection date of the tank or pressure equipment concerned.
The scope and extent of any appointee’s capability should be established by reference to their UKAS schedule of accreditation and/or directly with the body concerned.