Training & ConsultancyThis page was last updated on 20th February 2020
Introductory training courses
A ‘General Introduction to the Transport Of Dangerous Goods’
There are no dates currently planned for introductory courses, but if this is something that may be of interest to you, please contact us.
Specialist training courses
The VCA Dangerous Goods Office team offer specialist training courses which can be run on your premises. The five most popular topics are:
- Dangerous goods safety adviser course (DGSA )
- Safe transport of dangerous goods by air (ICAO/IATA)
- Dangerous goods by sea (IMDG)
- Dangerous goods by road to Europe (ADR)
- USA dangerous goods regulations
We can present courses tailored to specific modes or subject areas such as packaging, labelling and documentation, limited quantities, lithium batteries, aerosols or other specific UN numbers excluding radioactive and air training to the CAA requirements.
The DGO team has an in-depth knowledge of the dangerous goods regulations and in addition to supporting the UK government at international regulatory meetings, we also operate the dangerous goods enquiry service on behalf of the Department for Transport. We regularly work with and on behalf of UK and multi-national companies, trade associations and the government.
We offer our consultancy services to individual or multi-client sponsors on an independent basis or collaboratively with other consultancy or research bodies. Amongst our recent projects we have:
- Assisted several of the UK based Formula 1 Motorsport teams to comply with regulatory requirements affecting the transport of power sources for the kinetic energy recovery systems (KERS) new to the 2009 racing season
- Completed a study for DG Transport and Energy entitled Evaluation of EU policy on the Transport of Dangerous Goods since 1994. The report and annex of statistics for goods moved around Europe by country are available on the Security in Transport & Energy website
- Co-ordinated a study on the security provisions of RID/ADR/ADN for the European Commission, which was completed at the end of 2008
These links lead to the websites of other organisations and bodies. VCA is not responsible for the content of these sites. Please note that all pages open in a new browser window.
- The Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009 (S.I. 2009 No. 1348)
- The Carriage of Dangerous Goods: Approved Derogations and Transitional Provisions
- ADR – The European Agreement on the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road.
- The United Nations Model Regulations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
Guidance in specific areas
Other sources of information
- Health and Safety Executive’s Carriage of Dangerous Goods Manual
- The Civil Aviation Authority
- The Maritime and Coastguard Agency