Guide to Control PlansThis page was last updated on 21st June 2022
- Guide to Control Plans Overview
- Relationship to Quality Certification
- When are Control Plans Required?
- What are Control Plans?
- Preparation of Plans
- Related Control Systems
- Monitoring Activities
- Appendix 1 - Some Helpful Headings for General Information
- Appendix 2 - Example of a Control Plan
- Appendix 3 - An Example of a Control Plan for Whole Vehicle (In Addition to Individual System Plans)
The arrangements outlined above both satisfy the respective legislative responsibilities and enable VCA to build confidence in the overall control of the type approved product to be issued with an approval certificate. Manufacturers will be requested to propose their own control plan arrangements for VCA to discuss with them on an individual basis. Where revision of any aspect is considered necessary to adequately fulfil the initial requirements, this will be mutually agreed with the manufacturer and an amended control plan established.