Vehicle Certification Agency - Home Page VCA Offices  

Home Page > Vehicle Importing > Services provided by other Agencies within DfT

Other services available

In addition to the services mentioned on our vehicle import page, you may be interested in the following:

  • Low Volume / Small Series Type Approval is alternative option for car manufacturers and some vehicle importers.  For more information on this subject please follow this link to our main Car Type Approval page: Type Approval for Cars
  • VCA also offer service to manufacturers and importers who plan to take vehicles into the United States. Details about this service can be found here

If none of the options shown on our main Importing a Vehicle into the UK’ Page are suitable, you may be able to find the information you need here.

Please note that these services are shown here for information purposes only and VCA are not able to assist with enquiries in any of these areas.

Questions for DVLA

  • I wish to import a car or motorcycle into the United Kingdom that is over 10 years of age
  • I wish to register an agricultural vehicle in the United Kingdom
  • I have a question about my driving license
  • I have a question about a the log book (V55) of a vehicle
  • I want to register a diiferent type of vehicle not previously listed (e.g. Rickshaw or off-road vehicle)
  • I want to register a Bus (note that VOSA may also need to be contacted)
  • I want to import and register a vehicle that was previously registered in the UK
  • I want to register my vehicle in the UK but keep / use it in another country
  • I want to import a Heavy Goods Vehicle but am not sure if it is suitable for UK roads

Please contact the Driver Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA(page opens in a new window)


Questions for DVSA

  • I wish to import a vehicle from a country outside of the European Community
  • I am unable to obtain a European Certificate of Conformity (where VCA cannot issue a Duplicate Submac)
  • I want to know about importing a bus or other passenger vehicle.

Please contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) (page opens in a new window) to find out if the DVSA are able to inspect the vehicle under the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme.


Questions for the vehicle manufacturer

  • I need to obtain a European Certificate of Conformity (CoC) for a vehicle (note that this is not something VCA are able to provide)

Please contact the vehicle manufacturer direct. VCA can provide contact details for most vehicle manufacturers. Please email us for details


Other questions

  • I wish to export my vehicle from the United Kingdom -  contact the Embassy of the country in question
  • I want to find out if the country the vehicle originates from, is a member of the European Union - go to for a list of member states (page opens in a new window)