UNECE, UKNI and EU Digital Applications – Webinar registration now open
As many of you will know, we are currently transforming some of our processes to make it quicker and easier for you to manage your approval applications online. Many of you have already had experience of using our digital application portal to progress provisional and full GB approvals.
We are writing to tell you that the next phase of enhancements to the portal will start to take effect towards the end of this year. These further enhancements will be introduced gradually between 1st December 2023 and 1st August 2024. The timing of changes and guidance around them will be communicated to you shortly, including through our website. We will be hosting several webinars with the opportunities for demonstrations, questions and answers from 8th November 2023.
The key changes include:
- The ability to request ‘provisional’ approval numbers for future jobs using the portal.
- The processing of all type approval enquiries and applications through the portal for all schemes (GB, UKNI, UNECE and EU Vehicle Approvals). This will replace the current pdf form which is emailed to start a job.
- The ability to securely share documentation through the portal or via SharePoint links.
- The ability to manage portal access with account logins managed by a primary account contact.
- The ability to request assistance and support for all type approval enquiries, via the portal.
- The ability to progress AES/BES applications via the portal.
The next release will also take account of a change to approval numbering convention with regard to revisions. From this point onwards the VCA will reset the revision number to zero following an extension, rather than it continuing sequentially. This is to align with other Type Approval Authorities. This will happen automatically in the new system, but your documentation will need to reflect this change as well.
Ultimately the planned changes will enable much better visibility and control of your approvals with:
- Ability to login to see updates and the progress of each application.
- Ability to update documents in the portal.
- The provision of notifications directly to you of any document changes required.
- Ability to review certificates that have been issued through the portal.
- Ability to change contact details and plant and invoice addresses through the portal.
Webinars have already been set up for November through January, further dates will be added. All webinars are planned for 1 hour 30 minutes. You can register for the webinars now by clicking on the links against each session:
Join our Webinars
Look out for further updates and news, including on our website. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please contact us at VCAportalsupport@vca.gov.uk